Volcus, LLC is an e-commerce business that thrives on providing toys that ignite creativity, cognitive development, and fun for early childhood to elementary children that excite the imagination.
What does it look like to work for Volcus? Our management team is professionally trained to listen, provide opportunities for growth, and help remove obstacles to allow you to be most effective and efficient at your passion.
We lift each other up and deeply care about our employees as a whole person. Our actions, communication, and policies mirror these values. If you value working with a team that is respectful, friendly, outgoing, and loves what they do and enjoys working in a positive uplifting team environment, then apply at email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
The Accounting Manager reports to the Director of Finance and will perform a variety of duties including, but not limited to, managing the accounting process, analysis, tax preparation and submittal, audits, preparing financial reports, recommending business directions along with fiduciary responsibilities in the
retirement program. This position requires a skilled professional with management background and hands-on experience with advanced Excel and ERP systems.
● Manages the accounting staff who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll,
reconciliations, and budget preparation.
● Recruits and hires accounting and financial staff and conducts performance evaluations.
● Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
● Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
● Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
● Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with
generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) or financial reporting standards.
● Responsible for tax planning throughout the fiscal year; files annual corporate tax return.
● Acts as fiduciary for company 401(k) retirement plan, participates and leads audits.
● Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside
auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
● Presents recommendations to management on short- and long-term
financial objectives and policies; Creates accounting SOP and improves processes.
● Provides financial analysis with an emphasis on capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract
● Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal government requirements.
● Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration highly preferred.
● 2 + years’ experience managing an accounting department.
● E-Commerce experience preferred.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Must be able to demonstrate positive leadership with an attitude of servant leadership.
● Working knowledge with Microsoft Office. Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
● Advanced skills in Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Table, etc.) highly preferred.
● Must be able to be accurate in execution of duties and cognitively able to use logic to identify
decipher information and identify possible solutions, analyze, and come to reasonable conclusions.
● Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented
through spoken and written communication.
● Must be detail-oriented, careful to complete tasks accurately, highly organized, and able to
● Must be honest, ethical, and have a high level of integrity.
● Must be pleasant, able to build effective working relationships, good-natured with a cooperative
● Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets, accounting software, and any ERP system. Oracle
Netsuite a plus.
● High degree of accuracy and great attention to detail.
● Strong communication and customer service skills.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Work Environment
This position is primarily sedentary working in front of a computer in an air-controlled environment.
Frequent use of eyesight, fingering, and ability to sit for long periods is required.
o Medical Insurance
o Dental insurance
o Vacation, Sick Days, Holidays
o Discretionary Bonus (Performance Base)