Volcus, LLC is a fast-growing e-commerce toy enterprise that serves B2B which thrives on
providing our exclusive brand PicassoTiles that ignite creativity, cognitive development, and
fun for early childhood to elementary children, even up to adults that excite the imagination.
PicassoTiles are a fun “shape building” set utilizing embedded magnets that will indulge the
user into crafting 2D and 3D art. They provide an opportunity for active learning which is
inspirational, creative, and educational.
What does it look like to work for Volcus? Our management team is professionally trained to
listen, provide opportunities for growth, and help remove obstacles to allow you to be most
effective and efficient at your passion. We are a small organization that values employee input,
provides encouragement, recognition, and most importantly respect and fun.
We lift each other up and deeply care about our employees as a whole person. Our actions,
communication, and policies mirror these values. If you value working with a team that is
respectful, friendly, outgoing, and loves what they do and enjoys working in a positive uplifting
team environment, then apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
The Business Analyst reports to the Finance Director and is responsible for supporting business
growth and target achievement by providing analytical in-depth financial and business analysis
of our processes, finances, and programs, to develop recommended forecasting, budgeting,
cost-savings, and process improvements within the retail e-commerce industry.
● Coordinate with all departmental teams to produce insight into better business results
● Prepare financial models that analyze and monitor trends in financial/business performance.
● Prepare and run tests of business performance, processes, and make recommendations for
● Analyze financial performance versus forecast and plan, investigate significant variances, and
● Prepare clear, well-written, and well-structured business requirements/documents.
● Identify areas and opportunities for automation.
● Create and prepare reports, dashboards and visualizations to understand business performance.
● Analyze areas where waste and bottlenecks are present, and make recommendations
● Develop and maintain reporting tools.
● Perform data discovery, analysis, and modeling.
● Create a detailed business analysis, outlining system constraints/root causes/problems, and
identify opportunities and solutions for growth/progress/profitability.
● Assist with project management for selected projects.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, or other business related field
● 2+ years doing business analysis or financial analysis.
● Must be able to research and analyze data effectively.
● Basic accounting knowledge and practice including interpreting financial data via financial reports
including, but not limited to, balance sheets, income statements)
● Must be able to make simple journal entries.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
● Database experience and knowledge a plus (i.e. SQL, Power Query, etc)
● Experience and knowledge of Excel VBA a plus
● Excellent interpersonal and consultative skills
● Must be a self-started and self-motivated
● Must be able to think critically and analytically, prioritize, and thrive on problem solving.
● Able to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet
● Must be detail oriented with solid organizational skills and able to work effectively and efficiently in a
fast-paced work environment.
● Must be able to work harmoniously in a team environment.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Work Environment
This position is primarily working in a sedentary position at a desk, using a computer, which
requires at minimum visual ability, manual dexterity, and fingering. Will be required to walk
through a warehouse with uncontrolled air temperatures.
o Medical Insurance
o Dental insurance
o Vacation, Sick Days, Holidays
o Discretionary Bonus (Performance Base)