Position: AP/AR Specialist
Location: 550 Monica Circle, Corona CA 92880, on-site
Reports to: Accounting Manager
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8 - 5 PM or 9 - 6 PM
Volcus, LLC is an e-commerce business that thrives on providing toys that ignite creativity, cognitive development, and fun for early childhood to elementary children that excite the imagination.
What does it look like to work for Volcus? Our management team is professionally trained to listen, provide opportunities for growth, and help remove obstacles to allow you to be most effective and efficient at your passion.
We lift each other up and deeply care about our employees as a whole person. Our actions, communication, and policies mirror these values. If you value working with a team that is respectful, friendly, outgoing, and loves what they do and enjoys working in a positive uplifting team environment, then apply at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter.
Come be a part of a fast-growing team that respects diversity, inclusion, equity, and has fun doing what they love.
The AP/AR Specialist reports to the Accounting Manager and will perform a variety of duties including preparing reports, general ledgers, and communicating with vendors and customers. This position requires a skilled professional with AP/AR background and with advanced Excel skills to provide financial, administrative and clerical services to support the Accounting Manager in both AR and AP functions.
● Prepares work to be accomplished by gathering and sorting documents and related information.
● Pays invoices by verifying transaction information, scheduling, preparing disbursements, and
obtaining authorization of payment.
● Obtains revenue by verifying transaction information, computing charges, and refunds, and
preparing and mailing invoices.
● Collects revenue by reminding delinquent accounts and notifying customers of insufficient
● Prepares financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
● Maintains accounting ledgers by posting account transactions.
● Verifies accounts by reconciling statements and transactions.
● Resolves account discrepancies by investigating documentation, issuing stop payments and
● Maintains financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
● Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration highly preferred.
● 2 years’ experience as AP/AR or related experience highly preferred.
● Working knowledge with Microsoft Office.
● Advanced skills in Excel (VLOOKUP, Pivot Table, etc.) highly preferred.
● Basic understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations.
● Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
● Must be able to be accurate in execution of duties and cognitively able to use logic to identify
problems, decipher information and identify possible solutions, analyze, and come to reasonable
● Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken and written
● Must be detail-oriented, careful to complete tasks accurately.
● Must be honest, ethical and have high level of integrity.
● Must be pleasant, able to build effective working relationships, good- natured with a cooperative
● Hands-on experience in operating spreadsheets, accounting software, and ERP system. Oracle
Netsuite a plus.
● High degree of accuracy and great attention to detail.
● Strong communication and customer service skills.
Physical/Mental Requirements and Work Environment
This position is primarily sedentary working in front of a computer in an air-controlled environment. Frequent use of eyesight, fingering, and ability to sit for long periods is required.
o Medical Insurance
o Dental insurance
o Vacation, Sick Days, Holidays
o Discretionary Bonus (Performance Base)